Archive

Posts Tagged ‘UserProfile’

SharePoint 2010 – allowInsecureTransport error

November 27th, 2009 Comments off

Today, when I have installed SharePoint 2010 on my other machine with windows server 2008 R2. It gave me a new error for ‘Unrecognized attribute ‘allowInsecureTrasnport’. The exception was the same as UserProfileException. It was really frustrated. But when I start looking for the solution, I found that people who using Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are getting the same error. The error screen would be like this.

allowInsecureTransport Error

I dig down a little bit and found the error location. It was coming from the same clinet.config file. There are different suggestions for solution. Some people remove the ‘allowInsecureTrasnport’ attribute from the client.config file. But this created some other problems for some guys, like people are saying that after these changes configuration wizard run successful but now search is not returning anything. So it’s better to not to change the client.config file in this case.

Solution

Now Microsoft has launched a hotfix for it, you can download it from this link (Download). There are options for 64 bit operation system as well. I downloaded the 64 bit file and install it. And the problem was solved.

Cheers

SharePoint 2010 – UserProfile Channel timed out error

November 19th, 2009 8 comments

Recently when I have installed SharePoint 2010 Beta 2 and run the configuration wizard, it ended with an error message. It was definitely very irritating message. There was exception in Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileException for the request channel timed out.

Channel time out exception

 

After doing some research on it finally I found the solution for it. It was giving exception for timeout in UserProfiles service. For this you need to increase the timeout for UserProfile service. Open this file “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebClients\Profile\client.config”. One thing to remember is that now 12 hive is gone, now it’s 14 hive. You will see the file like this.

client.config

 

Here you can see that timeout is set to 20 sec only for ProfileServiceHttpsBinding. I just changed it to 50 seconds and rerun the configuration wizard.

client.config timeout changed

 

It was successful after that.

Cheers,